Belarusians have the right to strike.
Belarusian politicians, public figures, journalists, and athletes expressed solidarity and supported ten demands of the Belarusian Workers' Union.
Appeal of Public Figures of Belarus in Support of Workers' Demands
We, the undersigned citizens of Belarus, express our solidarity and support the ten demands of the Belarusian Workers' Association. We call on the government of the country to immediately start implementing them in order to resolve the political and economic crisis. If the requirements are not met as soon as possible, citizens can use the right to strike in accordance with Article 41 of the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus as the only possible way to restore law and order in the country.
1. End of repression, the release of all political prisoners and illegally arrested persons.
2. Bringing salaries, scholarships, and pensions in line with the real economic situation in the country.
3. The beginning of direct negotiations between the government and the democratic forces (with the obligatory participation of workers' leaders) on holding new presidential and parliamentary elections to resolve the political and economic crisis.
4. Reinstatement of dismissed workers, expelled students, and the provision of guarantees for the safe return of all citizens of the Republic of Belarus who left the country due to repression.
5. Realization of the right to operate independent trade unions, including the creation of new ones.
6. Realization of the constitutional right of citizens to free movement.
7. Realization of citizens' right to protection from COVID-19, including through vaccination with internationally recognized vaccines. Protection of the rights of physicians.
8. Implementation of the constitutional right to freedom of speech. Immediate release of all journalists and bloggers.
9. Normalization of relations with neighboring countries. Ending "hybrid" migration.
10. Creation of favorable conditions for the development of small and medium-sized businesses.
We call on the citizens of the country to jointly stop the sliding of our native Belarus into the abyss, restore law and order, and put an end to the political crisis.
Arkhipova Anastasia, Honored Master of Sports, three-time World Sambo Champion
Bolkunets Dmitry, political commentator
Dmitry Bondarenko, coordinator of the European Belarus civil campaign
Bukin Semyon, master of sports in artistic gymnastics
Verevka Evgeniy, master of sports in football
Vilsky Evgeniy, deputy chairman of the Narodnaya Hramada party
Voitovich Ivan, former chief state sanitary doctor of the city of Minsk
Gerasimenya Alexandra, world champion, European champion, winner of the Olympic Games in swimming, head of the Belarusian Sports Solidarity Fund
Glinnik Stanislava, co-founder of the Belarusian Youth Hub
Anatoly Kotov, Deputy Head of the Eastern European Strategic Forum
Kravchenko Andrey, medalist of the Olympic Games, World Championship, European champion in athletics
Kruglova Veronika, singer, actress, teacher
Pavel Latushko, member of the Presidium of the Coordination Council, head of the People's Anti-Crisis Management
Levchuk Margarita, opera singer
Leshchik Natalia, Honored Master of Sports, silver medalist of the 2012 Olympic Games
Marinich Pavel, head of the Zurb platform and Malanka-media
Maseikova Elena, sports manager
Maslovsky Nikolay, blogger, Belarus for Change channel, former employee of EPAM
Mishchenko Veronika, member of the Presidium of the Narodnaya Hramada party
Nyaklyaeu Vladimir, poet, former presidential candidate of Belarus
Nikolaychuk Alexander, individual entrepreneur
Opeikin Alexander, Executive Director of the Belarusian Sports Solidarity Fund
Andrzej Pisalnik, journalist
Sergey Podalinsky, master of sports in mini-football, 3-time champion of Belarus, 5-time winner of the Belarus Cup
Polienko Dmitry, activist of the anarchist movement
Stepan Popov, Honored Master of Sports, World and European Sambo Champion, Winner of the FairPlay World Diploma
Natalia Radina, editor-in-chief of the Charter-97 website
Andrei Sannikov, coordinator of the European Belarus civil campaign, former presidential candidate in Belarus
Slepukhin Valery, civil activist (Gomel)
Starovoitov Nikita, former coach-massage therapist of the national women's weightlifting team of Belarus
Timanovskaya Kristina, international master of sports in athletics, two-time silver medalist of the European Games
Trotsky Valentin, deputy chairman of the Narodnaya Hramada party
Anna Fedoronok, volunteer of the Country for Life Foundation
Filatova Elena, head of the Prava Diyut organization, the Anti-Crisis Center of the Belarusian House project in Ukraine
Tsepkalo Valeriy, Belarusian Democratic Forum, former candidate for residents of Belarus
Tsepkalo Veronika, head of Belarus Women’s Foundation
Khaschevatsky Yuri, film director
Shaporov Artyom, blogger, Real Belarus channel
Sharendo Andrey, activist of the European Belarus civil campaign, coordinator of the Belarusian National Congress in the Brest region
Yakovlev Konstantin, former head coach of the Vityaz handball club, activist of the Free Association of Athletes of Belarus
The appeal remains open for signing at the link.